Hurray for summer! After a long, cold winter you must be ready for some sunshine and warm breezes, but is your body ready for swimsuit season?
Let’s face it, most men and women have cellulite and, for the most part, it cannot be eliminated through diet and exercise. Enter the Cryo T-Shock, to reduce those unwanted fatty deposits.
The Pagani Cryo T-Shock skin rejuvenation device utilizes hot and cold temperature to stimulate collagen & elastin production in the skin. Heat increases blood and lymphatic circulation and stimulates the growth of new collagen and elastin, while also strengthening and rebuilding existing reserves. Cold temperature boosts skin metabolism and energy leading to visible skin renewal. Dead cells are detoxified while new, healthy, vibrant skin cells are activated. Cold also promotes oxygenation and nutrient delivery in the skin. Fat cells (in comparison to other tissue types) are more vulnerable to this effect, which causes what’s known as fat cell apoptosis, a natural controlled cell death. This leads to the release of cytokines and other inflammatory mediators that gradually eliminate the affected fat cells. These inflammatory cells digest the affected fat cells and lipids from these fat cells are released by the lymphatic system. The result: a significant reduction of the thickness of the fat layer.
The Cryo T-Shock utilizes precise protocols alternating hot with cold at different temperatures and time intervals to achieve:
- Skin tightening
- Reduction in wrinkles and lines
- Improved circulation
- Increased elasticity
- Reduced pore size on the cheeks, chin, nose and forehead
- Puffiness & inflammation is gone
- Detoxification of oil, bacteria and other toxins
- Improvement in skin tone and evenness in color (redness diminished)
- Reduction in scarring due to acne
How it Works:
- Increased collagen production. Collagen is the main structural protein of the human body. It is the largest component of connective tissue and makes up to 30% of all the protein in the body. Skin, tendons, and ligaments are mostly made of collagen. In skin it works with another protein, elastin, to give firmness and strength as well as flexibility.
- Enhanced blood and lymphatic flow. Heat causes vasodilation in the skin blood and lymph vessels leading to enhanced blood and lymph flow into and out of the area. This is important for improving detoxification, delivering nutrients and oxygenation of the skin.
After the initial heating phase, we move to the important cooling phase of the Cryo T-Shock treatment. The application of cold to the skin has the following beneficial effects that work synergistically with the prior heating phase:
- Cold temperature increases the metabolism of the skin.The skin’s metabolic rate works similarly to digestive metabolism: it determines how fast skin cells turnover, respond to stressors and rebuild. When skin metabolism is high there is a lot of energy in the skin and skin cells self-exfoliate, UV damage is repaired and there is sufficient collagen production to prevent aging. Skin metabolism slows down with age leading to fine lines, wrinkles, laxity and sagginess. Skin metabolism can be further slowed down by external aggressors like smoking, sun exposure and sugar consumption.
Cold temperature boosts the skin’s metabolic rate. In an effort to reheat itself, the skin metabolism increases leading to more energy in the skin cells: dead cells are removed and new skin cells like collagen and elastin are stimulated to grow. Increased skin metabolism generates tighter, firmer, smoother, more beautiful skin on the body and face! Higher skin metabolism is essentially the fountain of youth for skin!
The final step for the Cryo T-shock is a second exposure to heat. The cold-induced increase in skin metabolism and vasoconstriction leads to the elimination of dead skin cells, toxins and other byproducts. Heat-induced vasodilation opens blood and lymph vessels effectively transporting this junk out of your skin, leaving it with less wrinkles and tighter, firmer, stronger, more youthful looking skin! The final heating phase also stimulates collagen and elastin production a second time.
How It Compares:
There are many other, often much more costly, fat reduction products on the market but those other methods of non-surgical fat removal primarily involve necrotic cell death, which solely involves damaging fat with heat, high-intensity ultrasound or chemical injections. The problem is, unlike the thermal shock effect delivered by the T-Shock, the surrounding tissue is not preserved so the pure reduction of fat cells is not achieved. With T-Shock the reduction of fat with preservation of surrounding non-fat tissue offers a more dramatic firming effect.
We all want to look a little better and summer is the perfect time to get the body you’ve been working for. Call us today and schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our T-Shock technicians.